Skip to main content

Day 100 (Part 1) - Judgment

Day 100 started normally in Villawood despite that I was supposed to be in Queensland by the order of the Federal Court.  Well, there was nothing I could do.  So I went to the Gym and learned a new way of using one of the machines from a trainer.

After coming back from the Gym, I checked my emails.  There was an email sent by the Registrar but no doubt authored by a very unhappy judge!  His Honour required 'a suitably senior Immigration official' to swear an affidavit on the Minister's failure to produce me to the Court in Queensland.  Clear indication that a fun time ahead!!

The judgment was by a video conference.  Surprisingly, I was allowed to bring my mobile with me.  The court must have told to the Respondent that I should be able to have my mobile with me.  I needed it just in case the immigration hands in another notice of refusal to me immediately after the judgment.  If it happens and I cannot contact anyone, I might be deported straight away before having a chance to file another application with the court. 

The judgment was delivered normally but the case was not closed because the judge started complaining about the Minister's failure to produce me to the court.  The Department's affidavit arrived late towards the end of the proceeding, which did not please his Honour, of course.  The deponent did not turn up to the court.  Of course, that was totally unsatisfactory.  The Affidavit did not provide any good reason for not sending me to Queensland.  Oh, exciting!  I had difficulty in keeping a straight face.  

Furthermore, his Honour said that the Applicant may want to file an affidavit.  Of course, when his Honour considers that I MAY want to file an affidavit, I MUST file an affidavit.  I don't lose anything anymore so I will write whatever I want to write against the Immigration!.  Then the matter was adjourned to March at which time, his Honour will consider whether to proceed with this contempt proceeding!  The contempt of Court proceeding in my case started!!  Wow.

The court ordered that I be released from detention forthwith.  Yay!  But as you can imagine, the Immigration does not work in that way.  I will write what happened after this in my next post.