Skip to main content

Day 95 - Physical Ailment and More Complaints

Good morning.  I normally write an email to you in the evening.  But today, I am sending you this early edition because I am going back to bed.  I am falling apart.  I found bleeding from the inside of my right ear and have a swollen jaw caused by the worn out filling of one of my left side teeth.  My crankiness must have come from the physical ailment.  I have to add these items to the list of my battlegrounds against IHMS (the health service provider).

Yesterday, I received a few letters from IHMS in relation to my long-standing war on glasses.  IHMS and I have been fighting since November last year.  In short, I want new glasses and theyr did not want to give them to me.  

The first round of the fight was concerned with an appointment to be seen by the optometrist who visits Villawood only once a month.  I won the first round last month.  But then, IHMS informed me that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the delivery of the glasses to me. The gong for round 2!

I made a lot of complaints.  When I had difficulty in reading the timetable of activities, I wrote a complaint to the activities office and proposed a solution either printing out the timetable with larger letters (which I know they can't) or giving me new glasses.  So the activities complained to IHMS.  When I found the Shop sold a receipt of Telstra which includes the recharge voucher number with tiny prints as opposed to a proper recharge voucher, I wrote a complaint to the Shop and proposed a solution either selling a proper recharge voucher or giving me new glasses.  I asked the lawyers for the Minister to tell their client that I have difficulty in working because I cannot get new glasses.  I also asked the client services manager of the centre management to investigate the delay of IHMS delivering my new glasses etc.  

In yesterday's letters, IHMS informed me that the delivery would take 4 to 6 weeks.  It's better than 6 to 8 weeks.  But I need one more push.  So I asked the Australian Human Rights Commission to raise the issue with the Immigration.  I don't know whether it (or any of my effort) works.

I suspect that I will also have difficulty in getting an appointment with a dentist and a GP for my tooth and ear...  I am getting tired.  I am going to fill in forms quickly and go back to bed.

I hope you have a good day.