Skip to main content

Day 92 - My Demotion and Copyright Clearance

I got some documents from the Immigration through FOI.  It seems my litigation is looked after by a senior legal officer in the legal section.  The senior legal officer is taking instructions from the Directors of cancellation branch etc.  Obviously, I was severely demoted from 2006 when the Director of the legal section was taking instructions from the First Assistant Secretary who reported to the Deputy Secretary who had a meeting with the Minister regularly.  I am very happy with my rapid demotion in the last 11 years.  Hopefully, I will be demoted even further in the next week or two.

Today, I tried an activity entitled 'Music'.  In that activity, a lecturer (the same one as knitting and ESL) distributed a sheet of paper which the lyric of one of Adele's songs was printed with some words were deleted.  Then while we listened to the song, we were required to fill in the missing words.  That's not music.  That's dictation!   Then, I got worried.  Did she get copyright cleared for the public playing of the music?  Did she arrange the payment of the royalty for the lyrics?  Then I remembered I watched a movie played in the classroom a few days ago.  Did Serco or the ABF have an authority to do that?   Perhaps I should I ask.  But to whom...  

Other than 'Music', I went to the Gym for the circuit training as usual.  The trainer came to me every few minutes with a big smile to press the button to increase the resistance!  One day, he will kill me....