Skip to main content

Day 89 - Activities on Drugs and Sex

It was an extremely busy day.  The problem was that I attended four activities without giving up my normal routine of having coffee and reading newspapers.  Every activity starts at half past and finishes at quarter past.  So during these fifteen minutes break, I rushed back to my compound to work on emails.  I served my final submissions on the other side, knocked off the last assessment of the online course and so on.

Other than ESL and circuit training at the Gym, I tried one science(-like) course and the movie club today.  

The lecturer of the science(-like) course showed us a TV program which was concerned with scientific research of the illicit drug use and its effect.  The real drug users participated in the experiment.  I learned the kinds of commonly used illicit drugs, how to use them and the effect of them....  For an ignorant person from a country where the drug control is almost flawless, all the information was new.  But I must say, I was not interested in!

Then the movie club.  We watched a movie.  But I do not know what the movie was because only the second part of the movie was shown due to the time constraint.  The story was not obvious to me since I did not watch the first part.  The only things I could understand was that the middle age man who seems to be a detective caught a young girl who seems to be a thief and forced her to perform sex acts on him before releasing her and later, on a different occasion, raped her.  I couldn't believe the choice of the movie!  

My findings of the day.  One, there is no censorship of the contents of the activities in Villawood.  Two, Aussies cannot stay clear of drugs and sex regardless of the time and occasion!