Skip to main content

Day 86 - Unreasonable System

This morning, I collected from a guard my final submission to the Court which I had asked her to print out last night.  Then I immediately asked her to scan it.  She might have thought that I was bullying her.  But the Federal Court online document lodgment system does not accept a PDF file made by Google Docs.  So I have to print out a PDF file of my submission first and then scan it again to make another PDF file.  I was not bullying, really.

Anyway, I filed my final submission this morning.  The remaining job for this migration case is to wait for the Registry to send me a service copy and serve on the other side.  It will probably happen on Monday.  After that, I will just wait for the judge to come back from holidays.  Since the court will resume on 5 February, he will start working from that week.  Given my case is seriously simple, it should not take so long to deliver the judgment.  But who knows.

I finished studying Financial Literacy offered by Macquarie University except for the final assessment tasks that will not be opened until Monday.  I know I will be asked whether it was useful.  I must say it was completely useless.  The only interesting bit was a Professor's talk given at the start of the course when introducing an outside casual lecturer who delivered the entire course by himself by using probably a recycled material for primary school kids or something.  The Professor who can talk about something interesting and useful never spoke in the course at all.  I was surprised to find that they did exactly the same thing as they always do on campus.  Professors who know something about the subject never come to uni and the entire course is delivered by casuals who know nothing about the subject.   Well, I cannot complain.  I earned some money in the past by teaching a subject which I knew nothing about.

Since I finished one course, I enrolled in another.   Again, free of charge.  But this one is very serious.  Science of exercise.  Basically the basics of exercise physiology offered by famous Universiy of Colorado, Boulders.


Yes, I am getting to be a Gym junkie!