Skip to main content

Day 85 - Not Delusional But

One of my friends received a notice of intention to consider the refusal of a  bridging visa under s 501.  I cannot understand why he can hold such a strong belief that the Immigration will grant him a visa soon when the notice he received clearly states 'intention to consider refusal', not the intention to consider the grant of a visa.  Just in case he may listen to me, I explained the situation.   As anticipated, he told me that I was wrong.  He knew better.  

Actually, most people in Villawood are like him.  My other friend did not believe me when I explained to him that 'setting aside the decision' and 'quashing the decision' are the same.  According to him, setting aside a decision is good for an applicant while quashing a decision is bad.  He knew it because he read it and I was wrong.

I stopped trying to figure out long time ago why those people got such misunderstanding.  None of them are psychotic but they are apparently living in a different world from where I live.  And it's a waste of time to try to tell them anything.  

Anyway, a refusal of a bridging visa under s 501 is likely to create a very interesting situation.  Perhaps I will start writing an article.

Oh, by the way, there seems to have been a big fight in the Gym today.  So every guard and ERT rushed to the scene.  During that time, someone else seems to have escaped from the other side of the centre.  Well, I am not sure whether this is yet again fake news.  But that's what I was told.