Skip to main content

Day 81 - Rumour, Complaints & Exercise in Villawood

I heard a rumour.  A very, very disturbing rumour.  Serco's contract is terminated.  Well, that's not disturbing at all.  But the ABF is taking over the operation of Villawood!  It's so disturbing.  I even became feeling sick.  If it happens, then VIDC will be like 2006!  No way.  I gotta get out quick...

I roughly finished my final submissions to the Court.  So I knocked off pending chores today.  I had my complaints here piling up so I wrote half a dozen of complaint forms in one go.  I had to push the lawyers in the Attorney-General's Department who have been making an excuse one after the other to postpone making a decision on my petition.  So I emailed them to let them know that I would file a judicial review application with the Federal Court seeking mandamus directed to the Attorney-General and withhold the service on him to see whether they would keep the promise to make a decision by the end of February.  If they postpone making a decision again, I will serve the application on the Attorney-General and the proceeding will go ahead.  Good idea?

I had a solid 45 minute exercise at heart rate 135 today again.  I learned from exercise physiology professor at uni when I was an undergrad that exercise at the heart rate over 120 will start burning body fat after 20 minutes.  I will get rid of my excess fat before getting out!