Skip to main content

Day 76 - Send a Bill to the Minister

I think I should send a bill to the Minister, really.

This morning when I was working on the computer designated for my exclusive use in the computer room, a guard came to me with two new arrivals.  The guard asked me how they can log in to the computer.  I asked the guard whether they had a password.  The guard asked me how they can get a password.  I told the guard that she had to request it to the IT.  Then the guard said, 

'Oh, I have to request it to IT?  OK.  Thank you.'  

What the hell was that?!!  Why do I have to teach the guard what her job is?!!!  Not only that, the guard who is obviously new since I have never seen her before, knew my name and came to me straight away to ask the question!  I am not your supervisor, thank you.  I think this centre's management has some serious problems.

The Minister's lawyers apparently have equally serious problems, too.  In their supplementary submissions that I received yesterday, they alleged that the bridging visas that I had been granted for the last several years did not require the character test!!!  Of course, they did!!  Otherwise, it's dangerous!  Use your common sense, idiot lawyers.  They only checked the Migration Regulations and the schedules to them and completely failed to check the Migration Act itself. (sigh)  Important things are in the Act, not in the Regulations, of course.