Skip to main content

Day 70 - Coffee Shop, Optometrist and the Australian Human Rights Commission

My morning routine eventually came back!  

Yesterday, I was told that the coffee shop would open next day to test a new barista.  But it opened yesterday by a barista with 7 years of experience outside!  Today, even an assistant started working!!  So it is now officially re-opened!!!  My morning habit of reading newspapers while sipping a coffee in an air-conditioned room came back with a pleasant chat with these really professional guys.  Actually, this guy makes really nice coffee at exactly the same standard of cafes outside!  Lucky me!!  

Uh?  Oh, I failed to get a job.  Oh, what a pity.  I couldn't gain new skills.  Well, in these circumstances, unfortunately, the sum of the damages I will claim has to go up for ... ummmm ... maybe injured feelings?  Yes, injured feelings!  I am really really sorry for myself for ...  well ... the false hope of becoming a barista?  Mmmmm... Do you think any judge will believe me if I say that???

The nurse who was supposed to call me today to undertake a test of my vision to book me in to see an optometrist did not call me.  I thought that would happen.   Of course, I lodged a complaint form yesterday and another one today.  An optometrist will come to the centre only once a month and the next time is on 17th.  So I really have to push me in the queue now otherwise I will not get two pairs of glasses free of charge.

Today, I received a stamped copy of the orders of the court made before Christmas.  The one that the Respondent have leave to file supplementary submissions blah, blah, blah.  I forwarded it to the principal investigation officer of the Australian Human Rights Commission who is taking care of my complaint and complained that because of the Immigration's failure, I am still in detention.  I also ask her to tell the Department that the judge said at the end of the hearing, 'Minister may revoke the decision after this hearing.'  Actually, I need someone to tell it to the Minster rather than the Secretary of the Department....