Skip to main content

Day 66 - Change of the Attitude...

This morning, I was asked to drop in the guards' station for an interview for IMP.  IMP stands for an Individual management plan.  I wrote about it on Day 24.  An interview for IMP was supposed to be undertaken every fortnight but for unknown reasons, I have done only twice so far.  And I was not asked to sign for the second time.  I can't imagine why.   

Anyway, the guard who was assigned to a role of my prey (?!) was the one who had shouted 'I'm not gonna copy the fucking documents!' on Day 6.  She had been very cranky every time she saw me after that time presumably because she was investigated as a result of my complaint, but somehow, she was suspiciously friendly this morning.  She proudly showed me what she had written for IMP.   It states: 

'Detainee Villawood Survivor was respectful to officers.  Detainee Villawood Survivor went to the dining hall three times a day.  Detainee Villawood Survivor kept to her self [sic] most of the time and was often seen in the computer room while she occasionally communicated with other detainees.  Detainee Villawood Survivor participated in classes and accumulated points. Detainee Villawood Survivor was aware of the complaint and medical request systems and used them.' 

I was surprised.  It was perfect.  Although,,, it includes one obvious typo and one incorrect statement  (I have never attended any classes yet although I intend to attend one or two someday to examine unqualified lecturers Serco employed.).  I said to her, 'Perfect.' and signed.  I thought it was not worth adding a disclaimer: 'My signature only guarantees that I sighted the above document and should not be taken as underwriting the correctness of the above statement.'  I hope no dispute arises in future from this white lie...