Skip to main content

Day 57 - Tactics of the Property Manager

Today turned out to be a busy day.  I had a chat with one of my favourite guards on the way back from a brekkie.  I whinged to her that I was not able to get my shoes back from the Property making me impossible to participate in activities as I only had oversized crocs.  Then she told me that she had been asked by the Property to send me to the Property any time of the day.  I thought it was a strange instruction from the Property because they usually specify the time to come.  Anyway, I went to the Property straight away.

There, the Property Manager, not an ordinary officer, was waiting for me.  She had trouble to log into the computer system and made me wait a bit.  I told her that since I was not busy today, I could wait but if I were busy, I wouldn't be so patient.  Then she told me that she had asked the compound guard to send me whenever I was relaxing!  Gee.  That's the reason for the strange instruction from the Property with no specific time for me to come.  Anyway, she brought to me my suitcase and briefcase to take out all that I need and also gave me nail clippers and an extra bath towel!  Woohoo!  One job's done.

After that, I went to see a Sister of a church briefly and then the people in a community group who visits the centre every Thursday.  I didn't work much today.  

At night, a guard came and told me that they had to put a new arrival, a German girl in my room.  I am seriously unhappy.  The guard told me that I should speak to the day shift tomorrow morning as the day shift allocated the girl to my room.  Of course, I will!