Skip to main content

Day 55 - Boxing Day to Learn Backgammon

It's Boxing day.  Freezing cold.  It's odd to be so cold at this time of the year.  Christmas day was cold, too.  I was told yesterday that it was 23 degree although Christmas eve was 37 degree.  And I am not living in Melbourne!  Too odd!  I don't know whether that is the reason or not, we didn't have an event called Boxing Day Cricket whatever it was supposed to be.  It was the last Christmas event so the festive season here has finished.  Boring...

Today I had a relatively quiet day because I started writing my final submission which I call the draft judgment.  I didn't make much progress.  It is my habit to take a lot of time fiddling with a structure at the start of writing but once I settle the structure, it will be quick to go through to the end.

There was not much else today.  Oh, I learned the rule of Backgammon.  I didn't play though.  It didn't look like an interesting game.  Why has that game been so popular in the Western world?