Skip to main content

Day 53 - Retrieval of Lost(?) Items...

Finally, I got back to my normal routine in Villawood.  I still have a few things to get back from the centre though.  

Before going to Brisbane, I had two extra bed sheets, one extra bath towel, one extra blanket and one extra locker key, all beyond the rules of the centre.  Don't misunderstand.  All of them were given to me lawfully.  None of them were smuggled into my room.  I left them here when leaving for Brisbane.  Since I came back here the day before yesterday, I had to collect them again (beyond the rules!).  I got my extra locker back last night and currently am waiting for other stuff to be returned to me except for an excess blanket which I do not want to keep it in my room anymore.

Before leaving for Brisbane, I requested a plumber to be sent to repair the half-blocked basin in front of my room.  When I came back, it was repaired.  But instead, I found the toilet seat and lid have gone!!!  I don't know who took such things away.  But anyway, they were missing.  I stupidly thought that someone must have reported to the centre management and did not check it with a guard until this morning.  And this morning, I was thanked by a guard for reporting the missing toilet seat and lid!  Why didn't anybody report it?!!!  Cleaners must have noticed it.  I am getting to be like a warden of the apartment...

I may become a coffee shop assistant after the Christmas.  The shop is currently closed because the barista and the assistant have both gone.  When the big boss of the centre management came to have a chat with me, I asked him whether the coffee shop would reopen.  He misunderstood that I wanted to get that job and told me that I should not be worried and that he would put down my name etc.  I just wanted to keep the coffee shop open to preserve my morning routine of sipping coffee and reading newspapers.  But since the job may be coming to me, I may pick it up.  It's good to learn how to use an espresso machine.  It's less than two hours job from Monday to Friday and the time when people come to the Shop is very limited.  So most of the time, I will be reading newspapers and sipping coffee anyway.  And one of the detainees who was a barista outside has offered to volunteer for teaching me how to make a coffee.  Perfect arrangements, don't you think?  The only problem is that I probably will not be allowed to wear my trademark, hugely oversized crocs!