Skip to main content

Day 49 - Departure!

Last night, after midnight, a guard came to my room and informed to me that I would fly to Brisbane on the next day leaving this centre at 1pm.  So I will go back to Brissie this afternoon.

This morning, I took out one of the jeans I brought from home with me.  The largest pair.  I could squeeze myself in them only just!!  Oh, no... I put on weight a lot....  I thought I would wear a different pair of jeans tomorrow in court but I probably cannot fit in!!  Oh no....

I had brekkie with my Sri Lankan friends who are also leaving here today.  I gave one of them my email address as his son is going to Japan. Having had no contact with people in Japan for ten years or more, I am not of much use, to be honest, but since he was desperate, I gave my email address for a peace of mind.

Then I had a chat with my African friend while having a cup of tea after brekkie.  I went to the library to print out one case which I will read in a car or a plane or maybe in bed tonight.  Then I came back to my room and chucked out piles of papers I no longer needed,  ripped off bed linens and threw them into a big plastic bag with blankets.  I wrote a complaint form for one last time.  Apart from packing up my belongings that I will take back to Queensland, I am ready to go.

I am going to the coffee shop for the last time now.  I will read newspapers while sipping coffee as my normal morning routine.  Then I will have a little chat with my friends to say good-bye and then I will pack up and go.  I am not sure whether I can write emails tonight or tomorrow.  But you will hear from me as soon as I can get back online preferably with my own device outside detention!!!

Please keep your fingers crossed.