Skip to main content

Day 45 - Breach of Children's Rights, Contempt of Court etc

I heard a disturbing story last night.  There is a young girl here.  I saw her occasionally but have never spoken to her.  So I didn't know that she was with her 7 month old baby.  The baby must be an Australian citizen since the baby's father seems to be an Australian.  That 7 month old baby was taken away from her to be sent to a foster carer because the Immigration insisted that she would not be able to take care of her baby while here and that the baby's father does not want to look after the baby.  Only seven months old and was taken away from Mum!!!  I have not spoken to her directly so I do not know what exactly happened but I thought I should alert you.

This morning, I had a bit of time since I finished filing all the court documents yesterday.  So I thought I would have a quick look at the Court documents of the George Newhouse's latest case, namely the class action against the Immigration's new policy banning mobile phones in detention.  The documents were supposed to be able to download from the National Justice Project website.  Hello!  This is one of the sites that the Immigration blocked and I made a complaint!!!  

I checked the URL of the website again. It was definitely the one which the notice to the detainees as the members of the class action refers to.  The notice has been up on the notice board here in accordance with the Federal Court order.  So the Immigration blocked the site in defiance of the court order!!!  Geeee...  Perhaps I should send an email to Mr Newhouse to let him know.  Oh, how can I find his email address?  The site is blocked.  Oh, the notice includes the email address of the National Justice Project.  I will try this one.  Oh, hold on, I know his email address.  I sent him an email before.

By the way, I was asked by a friend who kindly came to see me today whether the barista was still here.  The answer.  Yes, he is.  How about the woman who had a big fight at the airport?  She is still here, too.  Did I get in touch with my Japanese friend?  No.  I am very worried about her.  It's winter in Japan.  Not a good season to be a homeless....