Skip to main content

Day 44 - Censorship in the Detention Centre

Have you read the article about the delegation problem in the Immigration?  Were you able to access the page?  I can't!  Would you believe it?  The Immigration blocked the site after I accessed it!

The Australian Human Rights Centre of the University of New South Wales Law School is now also blocked.  Law firms that accept pro bono brief in migration and/or human rights cases are blocked even though I can access the sites of all commercial law firms.  The websites of barristers chambers that accommodate barristers doing migration law and human rights law are blocked while those of other chambers are not.  Great....  

Yesterday, there was a Christmas concert here.  I heard it was a beautiful piano concert.  Yes, I only heard about it after all finished.  I knew that there was a concert on 15th but I completely forgot because I had a deadline for filing my court document.  And as half anticipated, all sorts of human errors (both by guards here and the staff in the Court registry) and technological problems (both with the Internet and fax) cropped up one after the other to prevent me from filing documents.  The result= My entire day was consumed for my attempt to file the documents.  Oh well, I could file them shortly before the deadline, namely 5pm here.  So I should be able to celebrate Christmas at home with my guinea pig boy from Friday.

My Partner is now worried about my travel to Brisbane.  He thought that I might go missing again by being taken to a wrong place by the ABF.  I am worried about my 26.85kg belongings (plus bottles of shampoo I bought here).  I am sure that the Immigration and the ABF do not allow me to take all my belongings with me to Brisbane so they will be left here.  How can I collect them later...  Mr Julian Burnside QC was worried about my legal representation (or the lack thereof!) and gave me a call yesterday.  He is nice.  I am sure that the judge will look after me.  It's his job and from the email correspondence with the court, it seems that he doesn't mind it on this occasion, thank goodness.