Skip to main content

Day 40 - A Hairdresser and a Barista in Villawood

It's Day 40 today.  Time goes so quickly when you keep eating constantly...  I feel as if haven't done anything else these days.  So I decided to have a bit of a change today.

I went to the hairdresser in the Community.  I had a hairdo by a 42 year old VERY FLIRTATIOUS Lebanese hairdresser who wants to see me in Brisbane.  Ha ha ha.  Since I called him a spring chicken, he kept asking me for my vintage.  I told him that I had repealed my birthday decades ago!  

Then I went to the coffee shop next door to the hairdresser.  The barista of the coffee shop is, unlike the hairdresser, a detainee.  He is to be deported finally on Thursday.  He was supposed to be deported 'in a few weeks' for the last few months so we no longer believed he would really be going.  But it seems, at last, he may.  I am now worried whether my coffee vouchers that my Japanese friends left for me can be used up....  The coffee shop might be closed....

The barista has an assistant.  He was supposed to get out last Friday as his wife got out last Monday.  I don't know why but his bridging visa application was knocked back.  So he cannot get out until he wins in the Tribunal, probably next year.  I really cannot see why the Immigration granted a bridging visa only to his wife and refused a visa of the same kind to him particularly just before the Christmas.  It's nasty.

Since yesterday, I sent dozens of emails to barristers to ask for accepting a pro bono brief.  Some of them are very famous and regularly entertain people through newspapers.  I found that those ones tend to send me a reply nicely even though they don't accept my case.  Unknown counsel, no reply.  It's interesting.  Anyway, it seems that I will end up running a case myself.