Skip to main content

Day 38 - Rumours on Food Ban Challenge and Escape

It's day 38.  Eleven days to the travel to Brisbane.  Well, I have not been told when and how to get there even though I asked it to the Immigration soon after the previous hearing.  So I don't know whether I can really go back to Brisbane for the hearing.  But they are not going to ignore the order of the judge who is about to hear their case, I assume???  Mmmm, who knows what the Immigration does.

Since last night, I don't have an appetite.  I think my old body can't take any more food.  I am fed too much too frequently.  I didn't eat three big meals a day outside.  Since arriving here, I haven't skipped even one meal.  No, I could not eat a lunch on the day of the first case management hearing.  But except that, I have not missed any.  It's impossible to skip a meal since there is not much else to do.  If I get fat, I will seek the additional damages for the cost of bigger clothes, extra health care, shorter lifespan and the associated loss of income!

Oh, by the way, some detainees seems to have instituted a Federal Court proceeding against the Department in relation to food some time ago.  I heard that the hearing of an interlocutory injunction will come soon.  I am not sure whether the action is related to the policy prohibiting visitors from giving home cooked food to detainees.  But I think that's the one people here are angry at.

Oh, one more.  Two detainees who went to the hospital outside seem to have escaped ten days ago.  One man, one woman.  I think they are a couple but I am not sure.  I have not heard anything about them after that.  So they might be successful in resettling somewhere in Australia.