Skip to main content

Day 31 - Preparation to Go Back to Brisbane

It's day 31 today but in my mind, it's day 1 of the preparation to go back home.

I have decided to shift some of my stuff from my room's small lockable drawer to my suitcase in the Property if possible.  I am hoarding not only bottles of shampoo but also tubes of paw paw ointment, packs of peanuts butter and honey etc.  I put a request form in to shift my stuff but I don't know whether I am allowed to do so.

When I leave for Brissie, I have to take my mobile, computer and chargers for them with me by all means.  But I am not sure whether it is possible.  If not, there will be a big fuss after I am released in Brisbane. (Yes, for the moment, I have decided to believe I will be released.)  Even if I can take these essentials with me, still there will be a lot of left-over items.

Last time, it took about a month and a rather large number of people's help to get my left-over belongings back from Villawood.  This time, it will be a bigger mess since I have much more stuff with me here.  My belongings weighed 26.85kg when I came.  I bought many things since then, so, of course, they weigh more now.

Today, I filled in another complaint form because last night, I noticed another theft.  Since the guards yesterday kept asking all other detainees in the compound one after the other half a day to try to send me to a non-existent hearing of the Federal Court at the time, everyone was well informed that I was not in or around my room.  It was a very good encouragement for thieves to visit my room really.