Skip to main content

Day 29 - Back to Square One

My judge was found alive today.  The problem was a registry staff.  A junior lawyer who did not understand the legal practice failed to have forwarded my email to the judge's chambers which I sent on Tuesday.  That was an implicit reminder of a pro bono order his Honour had forgotten to make.  As soon as my email was forwarded to the chambers, a pro bono order was made.  Too late.  The hearing is tomorrow.

There was another disappointment today.  As a result of the court order, the Registrar telephoned one of the public interest clearing houses which I applied for pro bono assistance 27 days ago.  The court order was to refer my case to the Queensland Bar, but the Qld Bar outsourced the Bar's pro bono scheme to that public interest clearing house.  I didn't know it.  So my pro bono search went back to squarer one.  I am tired.

I spent most of the time in bed in my room today.  It is partially because I was tired but partially because I needed to stay my room to protect my room from someone who came in and scattered rubbish while I was out.  The rubbish was tiny amount but definitely someone's deliberate act.  It started yesterday.  Coincidentally my former roommate alleged serial thief got off the observation yesterday and started coming to my floor yesterday.  I began to think that Julie Bishop should work harder to persuade the foreign governments that do not accept involuntary repatriation to change their mind.  (Joke...)