Skip to main content

Day 28 - New Experiences

Today, I tried Milo, as far as I remember, for the first time in my life.  Milo was sold a lot in Japan, too.  But my Mum never bought it for me so it was not in my drink menu.  When I lived in a college at a uni in Queensland, I saw many students stirring Milo in a cup every morning but I have never tried.  But yesterday, a shop clerk told me that I have 60 cents or so left so that I should buy a Cadbury's chocolate frog, what is the name??,,, or a sachet of Milo to use up this week's 35 dollars.  So I decided to try Milo.  Well, it's an experience for the first and probably the last in my life.

I tried another experience today.  Joining a so-called 'activity'.  There is a charity walk twice a week here.  It is interesting because if a detainee joins the charity walk, the donation goes to Can-teen, a charity to support teenage cancer sufferers.  But the detainee also gets two dollars to spend at the Shop here.  Two dollars are the standard payment for the participation in any activity.  I do not know who makes the donation if the detainees get paid normally or whether someone really makes such donation.  But that is the system.  

Anyway, I went the field to participate in the charity walk just in time only to be rejected (!) because I was wearing Crocs sandals.  No shoes, no activities.  Oh no.  I have to make another request for shoes.

I made a request for a new pair of shoes the other day but it was refused because I have my own shoes here that I have never worn since I left home.  I have my own policy.  I do not wear anything of my own while I am here.  The only exception to this policy is the items I no longer need at home such as the crocs I am currently wearing that are far too be oversized for my foot and three pairs of socks that had started having small holes.  I will throw these away when going home so I might as well use them now.  But anything else, it is the Immigration's responsibility to provide them to me.

Today, I had visitors.  I was waiting to be called to go to the Visits to see them but there was no PA. calling my name.  No one came to call me, either.  I asked one of the guards to check with the Visits.  Sure enough My visitors were there.   I do not know why no one called me.  Annoying.

My judge has gone missing.  He probably is not missing but I feel he has gone missing.  Other people may know where he is but I don't.  There is no order of a pro bono referral.  Why is that?  I am getting seriously anxious.  So I decided to take some anti-depressant which I use as anti-anxiety.  The other side's lawyers sent me their proposed minutes of orders.  They appear to accommodate my needs.  So an early hearing might occur if the judge has a time.  Where the hell is he now?  Where is the order for me??