Skip to main content

Day 27 - Serial Thief Has Gone!!!

Listen!  Finally, finally, my roommate has gone!!!  Thank goodness.  My torturous days are over (until the next problem comes though...).  

I learned today that Ms Serial Thief was regularly beaten up by others for her stealing and infuriating comments against the persons from whom she stole.  The scuffle I partially witnessed was really nothing compared to the other times when she was literary beaten up!!  Although some guard told me that people here steal from each other, it does not seem to be true.  The problems were caused repeatedly by some specific persons and guards chucked one of them into my room.  I made a lot of complaints but I do not think that is the reason she was shifted to somewhere else.  So something must have happened although I do not know what.

Apart from that, I received an email from the Australian Human Rights Commission.  The investigator who looked into my racial discrimination complaint informed me that the Immigration had advised her that the IME of my language had been installed in a computer in the compound where I live.  So she asked me to confirm.  Now I know it was the Australian Human Rights Commission which forced Serco to give me the language kit.  It is really convenient to have my language in a computer because only one of the friends from my country is proficient in English and all others are....mmmm....

Since no one else is in my room, I decided to pull out all the stuff from my lockable drawer to reorganise it.  I can take some of my stuff to the Property.  I kept buying bottles of shampoo and conditioner with weekly 35 dollars in order to take back home in due course.  There is not much else I can buy here in order to not waste 35 dollars which expires every week.  I want to give some to my visitors when they come all the way for me but the centre does not allow me to take out anything other than two packs of snacks sold at the shop here.  And snacks sold here are primarily chocolate.  No one eats...

Buy the way, where is my docket judge?  He was supposed to make an order today for me in chambers.  Well, that is what I expected.  I have heard nothing.  Although I have not got two pairs of new glasses free of charge yet, I am ready to leave here to pick up my guinea pig.  Since I have done all the jobs I should and could do, I will be bored to death from tomorrow...