Skip to main content

Day 14 - A Surprise for the Australian Human Rights Commission and Others

I am getting tired. I am too old for detention.  I did not feel like working this morning.  So I decided not to work but instead to fill in a complaint form which does not require a brain. The recipient of the form was the Australian Human Rights Commission. Here is the copy.

     I am the victim of arbitrary detention in Villawood Survivor v
     Commonwealth (DIAC) [20xx] AusHRC Xxx as determined by the then
     President of the Australian Human Rights Commission.  My home was
     raided on 2 November 2017 and I was taken into detention again.
     I am sure the Commonwealth (DIMP) failed to consider the less
     restrictive way of detention again despite the recommendations
     made by the Australian Human Rights Commission. I am sure that
     the Commonwealth use of force and restraint is arbitrary, too.

Short and sweet?  It's actually longer than what I originally thought I might write, namely, 'The Commonwealth has done it again!'

The Australian Human Rights Commission is a busy organisation.  It usually takes a week to send an acknowledgement to a complainant (other than an automatic reply to your online complaint).  Then you will have to wait for at least seven or eight weeks before someone actually read your complaint.  But this morning, I got an email reply only in a few hours.  Record time!  The sender of the email was the Director of Investigation, the same person as the last time.  She is still working there.  I hope she will help me again.  I want to give a cuddle to my little guinea pig so I have to get out.

Since yesterday, the docket judge of my case has been in contact (through the Registrar) with me and the other side.  It seems that the judge was not aware that this is the case where the Minister personally made the decision and I have been detained.  Anyone who has the commonsense does not believe that the Minister is bothered by my case.  Particularly, this judge knows me.  He must be surprised.  Today, his Honour asked the other side to find where I was.  Ha ha ha.  Even before the first directions, this case is creating a fuss.

For your information, the first directions hearing has been listed on 1 December 2017 in Brisbane.  It will be videolinked to somewhere.  Maybe to Villawood.  It depends on what the other side's lawyers discover and report to the judge.

A few days ago, I asked my Partner to write a letter to a Senator who helped me in the past.  My Partner sent a letter to his chambers today.  I am sure he will get a big surprise just like the Federal Court judge and the Director of Investigation of the Australian Human Rights Commission.