Skip to main content

Day 12 - Get Out Quickly

Yesterday, my guinea pig boy became five months old.  So I sent an email to my friend who is looking after my piggie and asked her to give a cuddle to him from me.  She sent me his photos today.  He now looks more matured.  He is growing up well.  That's what I thought when I looked at today's photos.  Maybe all in my mind since it's only the eleventh day since I saw him last at home.  But my piggie in the photos looked less confident than before.  Again, it may be all in my mind but it broke my heart.  I have to get out of here to go to pick him up.

I started checking the Federal Court's database and discovered that my case was docketed to a good judge who has a track record of trying to save even fairly hopeless applicants.  (My case is an easy case for me though.)  He usually works quickly, too.  In cases like mine, some judge could reserve the judgment and sit on it for a year.  I do not want that.  This judge, probably delivers the judgment in a month or two.  The fact that my case went to him indicates that the Federal Court is on my side.  I thought that the Court would be on my side for this case.  I was right.  It's a good start.

While I was sitting in front of a computer, I received an email from a law firm which the Minister had instructed to appear in my case.  The Minister instructed the same partner of that firm whom I have been fighting against for the last ten years or so.  The email was a usual notice.  The Minister will not consent an adjournment for the reason of the lack of legal representation.  No worries, mate.  I don't want an adjournment.  I have been thinking about how to expedite the hearing and the determination of the case.  My little guinea pig boy is waiting for me.  I have to get out quickly.

Yesterday, a nurse of the medical centre told me that it would take time to see an optometrist.  I said, 'That's OK.'  It was OK yesterday.  But it's no longer OK.  My piggie is waiting.

I may end up staying here long but for the moment, I intend to get out soon and rush to pick him up.